German Shepherd Dog Breed & Schutzhund Clubs
- Schutzhund — Information on the sport of Schutzhund, including additional club listings not specific to the German Shepherd Dog breed.
- Clubs, Sports & Activities Section — Details and information on various sports and activities, along with a regional listing of all-breed clubs.
- Working Dogs Section — Information regarding the various jobs that the German Shepherd Dog is involved in.
German Shepherd Dog Clubs in Canada
- The German Shepherd Dog Club of Canada Inc. — The country’s oldest active specialty breed club and probably the largest, with a membership in excess of 500 members. Since its inception in 1922 the Club has developed a distinctly national profile with member and affiliated clubs from coast to coast.
- German Shepherd Schutzhund Club of Canada — The GSSCC is a corporation of clubs from every part of Canada with its goals aimed at the promotion of the German Shepherd Dog.
- The British Columbia German Shepherd Dog Club — An active club with members who love and have a deep commitment to the German Shepherd Dog.
- The West Coast German Shepherd Schutzhund Club (WCGSSC) — Dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in training and competing in the sport of Schutzhund.
- Southern Vancouver Island Schutzhund Club (SVISC) — An active member of the German Shepherd Schutzhund Club of Canada (GSSCC), the governing association for Schutzhund sport in Canada. The SVISC also recognizes other clubs in the association and affiliations with the Verin fur Deutsche Schaferhund (SV) and the VDH.
- The German Shepherd Dog Club of Edmonton — Member of the Canadian Kennel Club and the German Shepherd Schutzhund Club of Canada.
- Northern Lights Prairie Region GSD Club — Dedicated to the total German Shepherd dog and with members involved in many activities that enhance and challenge the true character of the German Shepherd Dogs. A regional club consisting of the three prairie provinces: Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
- Alberta Schutzhund Association
- The German Shepherd Dog Club of Manitoba, Inc. — Founded on November 26, 1959 by a group of German Shepherd Dog fanciers with an interest in promoting the breed through dogsports, activities and Canadian Kennel Club recognized events. Through the years the Club has remained an organization of people whose interest is entirely devoted to the continued development and recognition of the German Shepherd Dog in Manitoba.
- The Winnipeg Working Dog Club — In existence since 1995, training, primarily German Shepherd Dogs, in schutzhund — from all levels, beginner to World championship.
Contact: Jim Chrisp, Tel.: 204-344-5567 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ottawa Area German Shepherd Dog Club — The Ottawa Area German Shepherd Dog Club was founded in 1985 and recognized by the Canadian Kennel Club in 1986. The club is also affiliated with the German Shepherd Dog Club of Canada Inc.
- Capital City Schutzhund Club
- Saugeen Schutzhund Club — An all breed training club in the sport of Schutzhund, located in Orangeville, Ontario
- The Nova Scotia German Shepherd Dog Club — The mission of the Nova Scotia German Shepherd Dog Club is the promotion of the German Shepherd Dog by education of the individual dog owners, dog breeders, dog handlers, dog trainers, and other people interested in the betterment of canine and related matters.
- Newfoundland Schutzhund Club — A small group working together as a dog club in the sport of Schutzhund.
German Shepherd Dog Clubs in the U.S.:
- German Shepherd Dog Club of America (GSDCA)
- German Shepherd Dog Club of America Working Dog Association
- United Schutzhund Club of America for the German Shepherd Dog (USA)
German Shepherd Dog Clubs from Around the World
- Verein für Deutsche Schäferhunde (SV) — World Union of German Shepherd Dog Clubs (WUSV) — Today the membership is at 85,000, with about 5,000 members in foreign countries. This makes the SV the largest cynological club for a single breed in the world.
- German Shepherd Dog Council of Australia — Founded on the 13th March 1960 and is directly affiliated with the Australian National Kennel Council (ANKC). It comprises all of the German Shepherd Dog clubs and associations in the states and territories of Australia.
- German Shepherd Dog League of NSW
- German Shepherd Dog Club of Queensland
- German Shepherd Dog Club of South Australia
- German Shepherd Dog Club of Victoria (Australia)
- German Shepherd Dog Association of Western Australia
- Österreichischer Verein für Deutsche Schäferhunde (Austria)
- SBCPA Sociedade Brasileira Cães Pastores Alemães (Brasil)
- Schæferhundeklubben for Danmark
- Saksanpaimenkoiraliitto ry. (Finland)
- La Société du Chien de Berger Allemand (France)
- Real Club Español del Perro de Pastor Alemán (Real CEPPA) (Spain)
- Club Suisse du Berger Allemand (BA)
- German Shepherd Dog League of Great Britain — The GSDL of Great Britain is the original club for the breed in the British Isles.
- The British Association for German Shepherd Dogs — Formerly the British Alsatian Association which was formed in 1933 and is an Association of German Shepherd Dog (Alsatian) owners who banded together for the good of the breed and whose aim is to help members achieve the utmost with their dogs.
- The National German Shepherd Working Dog Association — GSA Ireland